Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday

Last night I went back to the gym for some practice with Rack Jerks. One of the girls at the competition can press 150 and just missed 160 with the LOG. OMG. I need help! I have only been able to get 140lbs overhead...I really think it technique and MENTAL. Once I feel that weight on my shoulders, I'm like holy crap that's heavy and then it's all down hill from there. I have a BAD habit on rounding my shoulders in and down and the bar dropping on my chest during my dip. I tried hard to keep an upright position. I was able to hit 150..not soo pretty but I got it. I screamed in my 145 and 150 pr's b/c I seriously think I was in shock. I've never screamed before!!! So now I know I have much more potential then I thought. I know I am strong enough to get more I just need to have confidence and practice. I had a major oopps at the end...I recovered with my back foot which made me almost drop it. Must remember to step back first. I'm super excited about my new 10 lb PR. Now I just have to get my hands on the log and practice with that!!
I'm trying really hard to only put good foods in belly the last few days. I can already feel the difference and I'm excited for the next 4 weeks:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The neutral grip on the log will add some weight to what you're able to do as well. You're gonna do awesome, again!

timeforchange15 said...

Thanks Josh!! There are like 8 or so girls this time around so It's gonna be a competition