Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday

So on our CFFM site today there was a lovely picture of me from a year and a half ago. It was right before my first crossfit competition. SHITTTT. Is all I could say. I could not believe how cut I was. At that time, I was in the best Crossfit shape of my life. I was pulling doubles at the gym, doing yoga and eating clean. Training was my life and my focus...
Looking back I also remember how beat up I was, how I wasn't eating enough for my body to recover, how I was always getting injured, how I was never happy with the way I looked and how I lost touch with my happiness and my husband...
There is a balance to find in life and like many of us, I am still searching for it. Both with my fitness and my nutrition. I may not look the same as I once did, but I have been working on me, and I'm in a much better place mentally. The physical part will come...
Today was 5 rep max deadlifts. Love deads. My old PR was 265 x 5 but since it's been since the middle of May since I've deadlifted, I decided that my goal was 230. Got it. Yeah. 4 sets of 12 on the ring pull ups and we called it a day. Shout out to the 6am newbies who hit their goals and of course my girl Sarah who always tears it up!!

Zone bar
Hamburger with cheese, apple, avocado--It was a toss together b-fast:)
Salad with fish, nuts, avocado
Apple with PB-It was real pb Jiff:)
PB-Love my peanut butter
Chicken, salad, cheese, pita chips

3 comments:

Kate Charles said...

I really like your new attitude - keeping balanced is a full time but is a must for happiness - you will get where you want to be MK - and you were beautiful then and now :)

Hip Kitty said...

GREAT POST

Hip Kitty said...

did I mention GREAT POST?