Saturday, January 16, 2010

Murph...What the F??

That is exactly what I said when I walked in the gym tonight at 4:30 p.m. Coach is pretty lucky he wasn't there when I walked in and saw the board b/c some swear words came out of my mouth :) I have never been able to complete Murph rxd under an hour. Usually my hands tear so bad I resort to jumping pull ups. Around the 4th round I came down from my pull ups and twisted my other ankle. Then and there I wanted to start crying and give up. Both ankles in one day...are you kiddin' me. After the initial scream and pout, I told myself I'm not a quitter and pushed on. On my final mile run my hamies starting spazing out, my calf was close and I seriously thought I wouldn't make it home. It's amazing what you can accomplish if you don't let your mind get the best of you. After all was said and done 1mile, 100 pull ups, 200 push ups, 300 air squats and another mile I made it just barely under an hour with all kipping pull ups. They were pretty good by the way!! Push ups...not so much. But I must say coach knew what he was doing when he put that wod on the board tonight. It made me dig deep into my inner strength that I haven't been able to find lately. It was just what the doctor ordered and best of all RXD.

No comments: