Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tuesday-Strength day!

It use to be that Monday's were always my strength day but now that my schedule has changed it could be any day of the week. This week it was this morning. Not feeling the 1rm on back squats as my hamstrings and hip flexors are sore as hell. So I did 90% of 1 RM 5 sets of 2 across the board. 195lbs. Still no joke, it was tough. Then onto Bench sets of 5. I had looked at my last cycle and only got up to 115lbs so I was thinking that was my 5 rep max. Upon further review I found 120lbs for a set of 5 a few months back, darn it. My sets looked like this....115, 120, 125, 120, 120bls x 5 no misses. WOW that is a huge improvement for me and a new PR. Awesome! It must have been the load up of fat and carbs last night :)

5am-Lobster, nuts
8am-Turkey meatloaf with a little ketchup, veggies, nuts
12pm-Lobster tail, salad, nuts
8pm-Yikes just eating dinner. Chili over cauliflower, nuts--Cauliflower did not cut it as I watched my husband scarf down rice and chili :(

Going to try and get in a CFE WOD at Estero park tonight after work. Thanks Jenn for the Garmin! Ok that sucked, but glad I did it. I have realized I need to do them every time they come up in CFE wods. Ran hills at Estero park. 3/4 mile 8:30, 3 min rest, 3/4 mile 8:30. I stopped the garmin at exactly 20min. I lost count my first round but the 2nd time around I think it was 13 hills.

3 comments:

Jim Newman said...

Lobster for breakfast?

I like your style!

Jim Newman said...

When are you going to Estero park and which CFE WOD are you doing?

Jim Newman said...

I was going to but my client meeting tonight was delayed until later so now I have time to make it to CFFM for the shoulder presses.

The CFE WOD sounds intriguing though, let me know when you are doing it again, I around the corner from Estero Park.