Thursday, April 30, 2009

Back from the Qualifier!

So this past weekend was an emotional roller coaster for me in so many ways. The past 3 months have been extremly brutal with work, diet, training, extra training and trying to sleep. In the end all of the sweat and tears were definatly worth while and I took home some memories that will last with me forever. I ended up finishing number 14 and didn't qualify for CA but I would do it again in a heart beat. The experience alone is worth it's weight in gold. There was some amazing competition both with the men and the woman. It was mind blowing to watch such trained and focused athletes put their bodies and minds through the ringer...just inspiring. I am so glad my husband Chad joined the crew on this trip. It really opened his eyes to what I am capable of and what I have been training for. He finally opened up to me and expressed many meaningful words which really touched my heart and was important to hear. I think I have inspired him to start caring about his well being.
As far as the Crossfit Fort Myers Crew.....It's hard to put into words just how much I love you all. Having you there by my side cheering me on and running with me to the finish is a memory that with stay with me for the rest of my life. To have such a support system believing in you when your body and mind are ripped to shreds is like no other. When I was doubting myself I could hear all of the MK cheers and I knew I had to finish. I would not have completed my last WOD without all of your support. Thank you guys for believing in me and sticking with me through the entire experience. And of course our awesome Coach who was right in the thick of it the entire weekend and for the past 3 months pushing and pushing me to succeed! You guys all ROCK!!

No comments: