Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday

It's the last Monday of June...I can't believe it. So the weekend was good and I got much needed sleep, finally! Did pretty well on the diet, except over did it on the PB on Friday and Saturday. That stuff is so addicting especially with apples. Pauly knows what I'm talking about. However I feel better and like I'm on my way back down with the scale. I'd like to be close to my competition weight 150-153lbs-by the time I go on my road trip-Aug. By the way chatted with one of my girl's on that yesterday and I am getting so excited! Kacy is planning the route since she's done this trip a million times. She is totally getting me excited for the vacation of a lifetime....It is going to be amazing. I have to pick up a stellar pair of hiking boots and a camelbak for water. These hikes are going to be intense. Anyone have any ideas of where to go in Ft. Myers. Is there an EMS store around? She's also working on canyoneering for us in AZ. I am sooo hoping that pans out, that would be awesome.
Crossfit-WOD was 3 rounds of 10 front squats at 83lbs, 20 push ups and then run 800m at the end. My push ups got better as the rounds went on...my shoulder is killin me and not getting any better. I could hardly do the extra work which was bench press with dumbbells. I had to go to the 25lbs just to get the L arm up. Probably not good that I even did them. I have a tendency to go on injuries until I break. I think I'm going to try and back off on the shoulder b/c it's already affecting my sleep. I've been there done that with my shoulder in college and it's no fun. Shout out to Liz this am for killin the wod and for S to do clapping push ups. Nice work girls!!

IF today
12pm-Hamburger, pepper, salad, nuts
Can't remember what I ate the rest of the day but i know I once again got into the PB late last night. Not so good on the tummy!

3 comments:

Hip Kitty said...

Nice work today, girl. I hear you on the shoulder- you are def getting better about listening to your body, as MUCH as it KILLS you...and I know it killed you to press the 25's today! ;) You are def on the road back to uber POWER, getting closer each day- PLOW on forward, sistah! Your trip is sounding simply awesome (to use an overused word) and I know you'll be where you want by then. You got this, mama. All you. Muah.

Jim Newman said...

Good job today as usual. You should check out Bass Pro Shops for hiking boots, they actually have a pretty good selection.

Kate Charles said...

When I went hiking in the GC I picked up a really nice Camelbak at Sports Authority and a pair of "hiking shoes" not actual boots. All I can say is it was a 26 mile hike down one side of the canyon and up the other in a day and I did not have any blisters but my ankles did twist a couple times while running certain stretches of the trek but no lasting effects. You are going to have so much fun!!!!!