Saturday, August 30, 2008

Saturday

So yesterday was my last day at VeronaWalk. I am just coming to the realization that for the last month I have been an emotional roller coaster. I've been really stressed, not sleeping and just not mentally together. This morning after our WOD I seriously had a emotional breakdown. I was upset that my body gave out right at the end and that I couldn't stop cramping on the double unders. I didn't get the RXD which really made me depressed and disappointed. I just wasn't myself and didn't perform the way I wanted. When I got home, I just had a good cry. I know I sound crazy, but I think that is what I needed. I feel better now and am really ready to turn the page in my life. I'm scared, I'm nervous but I know I can get through it. From today on I am going to focus on my diet (cause that always suffers when I'm stressed) and getting enough rest. Everything else will fall into place. Ahhhhhhhhh.

Got to give a shout out to my girl Sarah who kicked butt on the filthy fifty and to Liz for totally stepping up her game. Nice job girls, you both rock!!

4 comments:

Hip Kitty said...

I am convinced that you have turned the page on this one and I am in for the ride of my life at the gym! You have managed to keep your cf performance at the top throughout all of your work related stress, girl. Way to be on recognizing your rollercoaster, embracing it, and shifting on a dime! I admire you!

See you for a run....tomorrow?

Kate Charles said...

Did not know you were upset yesterday. You need to give yourself a break. Starting a new job is way up there in terms of stress. You showed up yesterday and did your best given all thats going on for you at the moment. Since you started at CF Fort Myers you have consistently performed awesome... every once in a while your going to have an inferior performance (and thats a stretch calling it that cause you still rocked it) And... a good cry can be cathartic i completely agree. I hope you are feeling better now.

J Brod said...

Stop it right now! You look awesome and perform awesome. Remember, you were on vacation, and you had your going away party fri. night. The nutrition can not be perfect 100% of the time. Don't let that get you down, and STRESS, of all things is the worst. That will kill you before junkfood will. Trust me. You had the cry and turned the page, remember nobody is perfect. Have a great weekend and stay positive. cya

Jason Cobb said...

Michelle, thanks for the kind words regarding my vehicle - still can't believe it?!?! Anyway, regarding your disappointment with your performance and such ... I'll share some personal stuff with you. I have been totally frustrated with my peformance lately, especially the last 30~40 days or so, have been pathetic! My times are down, my strength is down, my reps are down, my speed is down, everything lagging ... why?? Because this is the real f'n world and sh*t happens ya know? I have to accept the fact that I've been living on 4.5 hrs of sleep each night and its killing me. I have to accept the fact that this will NOT change for probably another 3-4 months. I have to accept the fact that I have accepted the challenge of starting a new business (make-it-or-break-it) and my peeps come first, not me. But you know what, its cool because I know I'll get it back, in time. You have been knocking it dead for months now, just killing these wods and blowing numbers out of the f'n park - man am I proud of you! I look at you and stay motivated and I know you motivate so many others around you ... so don't be so hard on yourself when you don't hit those "special" numbers you want okay? Nothing is going wrong, nothing is going haywire ... you probably have a dozen things you are juggling between work and personal life and such and in the end if you want to be a "fire-breather" I have no doubt you will be. By the way, that means an Elite Level CrossFitter ... mark my words, people will one day recognize that position. Just keep doing what you are doing, you'll be fine. ~ J