Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday

TGIF for sure! Although I have to work a few hours tomorrow I'm still glad it's Friday. What a week!! WOD today was Power lifting- the choice-Squats. I maxed out at 165 for five. Out of all of the lifts I think that my squat is my weakest. It's always been that way, not sure why. I can do a little over my body weight and then I start to struggle. It might also be the different way of lifting. Before we would work down to a max weight with 1 rep, this was 5 which is a big difference. I could feel myself start to have negative thoughts towards the end. With one or two reps at a heavy weight the adrenalin just takes you to that next level...does that make sense? Either way I didn't fell as though I reached my goal. So I decided to workout my frustration afterwards!!

5am-Cottage Cheese, applesauce, almonds
7:30am- Protein and water, Oatmeal (3 block) and 15 almonds
12:30pm- Waited too long hungry! Soup-3/4 of the can 1 carb, 1 protein-almost, Shrimp, turkey pepperoni, little cheese, peppers, broccoli, strawberries, 12 almonds- Probably worked out to be a solid 4 block meal-will try 3 carb at dinner

2 comments:

Hip Kitty said...

I was scared to up the fat, too...but I just had to trust the process eventually! You may find that you get hungry today....for you to drop a whole block of carbs and only make that up with one fat block isn't (I don't think) going to be enough for you given your activity level (elite athlete!)...but who knows....maybe it'll be fine....at the end of the day if there's anything I am going to be short on, it's carbs, not protein or fat. As you read RW's blogs, ther are folks upping fat 3-5X......

Hip Kitty said...

Remember, 1B carbs is 9g. 1B fat is 3g. 3x3=9 hence, me adding the 3B fat (3x3) is the same calories as that 1B carbs I am taking away.....savvy? It still comes down to calories, just the zone expresses them as blocks. Fat is like a 'placebo' or innate when it comes to insulin. RW quote: Fat doesn't make us fat, carbs do.