Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday!

My L leg is still not doing well and it's moved more into my hip today as I ice it and stretch it at work. Pretty sure the heavy lifting today did not help the situation. Got up to 133lbs which was a PB but I wasn't that thrilled with it. I don't have the split jerk down and it's frustrating me. I've got to be faster with my pop b/c I know I strong enough, just don't have the technique yet. I like to "get" things right away. It'll come with time, practice and patience.

5am- 1/4 cup egg beater, 1/2 cup blueberry, 3 almonds
7:45am-Protein and water, 2/3 cup oatmeal, 1/3 cup applesauce, 1 cup strawberries, slivered almonds.
12:15-Spinach roll up with turkey, mustard, cucumbers, lettuce, veggies with hummus and a little vinaigrette dressing.
3pm-4 strawberries-instead of birthday cake-All my workers know I'm a little nutty so they didn't give me a hard time :)
4:45pm- 2 eggs with hummus, the rest of my veggies from lunch
7:30pm-Eggplant Pizza- Oh soooo good!
9pm- Strawberry smoothie


You know I'm really proud of myself with my cooking. Before I would never try 1/2 of these recipes. This actually came out great, it's pretty close to the Ck lasagna! Chad of course did not enjoy in the festivities of my yummy creation. Still trying to figure out something he could eat, he's totally a meat and potatoes kind of guy.....Ideas anyone?

5 comments:

Hip Kitty said...

Hey girl-
How's the leg/hip? I didn't realize it was bothering you...I think mine is OK, will know in the am. You will so get the split jerk next time, because you DO GET things quickly! Maybe we can do a little open hours this week if you are up to it- I was wondering if you felt any different btw. break. and lunch since it looks like you are earlier in the am?

J Brod said...

Hey I hope your leg get better soon. As for recipes, I used to be meat and potatoes, then went to meat and veggies a few years ago and now I am zonin. Anyway, I tried the oven fried chic from zoneperfect.com. It is great. I actually made it and put organic tom sauce and nf mozz to make chic parm. Try it, He'll eat it. Are you guys hitting open gym wed. or fri? see ya JB

Hip Kitty said...

Girl- where is that recipe?

Kate Charles said...

Hi Michelle. Sorry to hear you r hip is bothering you. I have had some hip issues and have a great chiro if you need one. Jason actually referred me to him over a year ago. I like him alot because he only treats what you need and does not make you come back repeatedly. I think i originally saw him like six times and then it was purely on an as needed basis... i believe he was instumental (along with diet and CrossFit) in helping reduce my migraines to almost never!
Also... JB is right on the chicken with sauce and mozz cheese... it has been a great fall back for the boys when they are missin their italian cuisine (they could eat pasta morning, noon and night so it has been an adjust for them). Ask JB about his colliflower (sp?) recipe he told me about it the other day and it sounded good... might help replace the potatoes?!

Jason Cobb said...

Michelle, I sent you an email but didn't realize the 133lbs was Personal Record, awesome!!! It will go up, and your technique will get better all in due time. ~ J