Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday

So I got up at 5:30am this morning and my muscles were just not recovered. You know when you lay in bed and are like ummm I'm not rested yet and fall back to sleep? Yeah that's what I wanted to do this morning after killing myself yesterday. But I couldn't b/c I played in a vball tournament. Here's how I did on a banged up body...

6:30am-3/4 cup egg beaters, 1 slice of cheese, 2 slices of bread, squirt of low carb catchup
10:30am-1 stuffed tomato, 1/2 apple, 3 almonds
12pm-1 stuffed tomato, 1/2 apple, 3 almonds
2:30pm-1 apple, a few almonds
4:30pm-Fruit salad, a few almonds, 2 taste tests of a flat bread roll up with pb, banana, jelly and granola
6:30pm- 1 South Beach meal replacement bar, 1/2 apple
8:30pm-4 oz chicken, salad, broccoli with hummus, diet soda

So coach was right I didn't need the heed or recoverite and the food was enough energy to last me throughout the tournament-Good Call!! My energy level was consistent and I played well throughout the day! The only thing was I didn't bring enough food especially protein to last. That's why I grabbed the roll ups and the SB bar. I can't wait for my day of rest tomorrow I for sure need it!

1 comment:

Hip Kitty said...

Nice job, girl! Way to be-

I am thinking a snack like a peach, 3 almonds and string cheese, or the half apple w/ 1/2 tsp pb and string cheese....this is a 1 blk snack (like the 1/2 zb) and I think OK for the 5AM fuel for a wod...9:00 murph, for me, would have called for more (a 2B meal or snack)....I am going to try a 1B snack in the am for class-if you think you need a 2B meal/snack, then do it- coach tells me 'make the blocks work for you'....I may likely need to do 2B always, too- not sure yet...but you are right, the 1/2 zb was not enough for Friday's wod, nor would it have been for me for murph....