Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday

So note to self: Every day I must roll the hips and Ice them down after workouts! Today my L leg is feeling darn good. I iced, stretched and hit the hot tub last night, what a difference a day makes. WOD was darn good. Diggin' the box jumps, haven't hit those in a while. Run 200M, 10 box jumps on the 24inch box, 10 KTE. 10 Rounds in 25 minutes. NICE. 1 mile walk for a little extra, what a beautiful sunrise this morning. Felt solid this morning-physically.

5am-Egg beaters, blueberries, almonds
7:30am-Protein in water almost all, 2/3 cup oatmeal, 1/2 apple, 1 cup strawberries, almonds and yogurt. Not sure what I was thinking when I pre-packed this meal but I was over so I didn't finish my protein shake but left a little yogurt at the end.
12:15 p.m.- Turkey roll up with cucumbers/tomatoes, small salad, few veggies-vinaigrette dressing
4pm- Blueberries, cottage cheese, 3 almonds-Rest of veggies from lunch
730pm-Turkey Chili, used 4 block on the meat and added a side salad for extra carbs.
9:20pm-Blackberry/Strawberry Smoothie

What a day! Still working on the hubby. He didn't even try the Chili but he got home at 8pm and wasn't that hungry so we'll give him that. He has been saying for the last few weeks that he's going to get to the gym and start working out again. I think I'm starting to rub off on him, YES! He's been going for a 20 minute nightly walk with the dog and I for the last 3 nights...So there is hope people! Now if I could only get him to eat a few veggies.

Eggplant Pizza-Pretty close to the lasagna- 2-4block servings
3 cups eggplant
6 oz. grilled chicken
2 oz of Cheese
2 and 2/3 teaspoon Olive Oil
1 cup Tomato Sauce
4 blocks of veggies

I mixed things up a bit and did 3 blocks of veggies- Zucchini, Squash, tomatoes, roasted red pepper, used non-fat Mozzarella cheese, and added 1/2 cup of tomato sauce to make up that other carb block. I broiled the egg plant for just a few minutes-used that at the base, added sauce chicken, veggies, more sauce and topped it with cheese and olive oil. Baked for 25-30 minutes at 350 and broiled it just for a few to get that extra crisp going. Soooo good! Since Chad doesn't like my new method of cooking I froze 1/2 for a later date....Sweet!

3 comments:

Hip Kitty said...

you rocked it this morning, girl. nice job. don't think I didn't see your wheels turning when that 24" box came on into play, either, you freak. you were not going to be out done!

Hip Kitty said...

girl! thx for that recipe...gonna try it this week! your words are too much- but thank you so much for them. let's get us some more in the morning....

Tiffany Hauser said...

hey girl! you were so great this morning! i was totally impressed with the 24" box. and 10 rounds! amazing! you and your crazy friend are such a great addition to our morning team! see you tomorrow...